Enter, Share and LearnCobble Hill Fair
The Cobble Hill Fair
The Honey Division
- Honey – White, three 375ml jars
- Honey – Golden, three 375ml jars
- Honey – Amber, three 375ml jars
- Honey Novice class – Any colour, three 375ml jars
- Honey Granulated – Three 375ml jars
- Section Comb Honey – Example: Ross Rounds, Half Hogg Cassette, square section
- Full Frame Comb Honey – Shallow Dadant or deep Langstroth (no black foundation)
- Bees Wax – Two 500 gram blocks (that are the same).
- Pollen – Three 375ml jars
- Hive Derived Creations – Potions, Lotions, Lip Balm, Candles, Toothpastes, Infused honey
- Apiculture Gadgets & Art – Graphics, Pottery, Needle work, Poetry, Education Display, Beekeeping Gadgets, Tools (Must be directly apiculture related)
- Mead (Honey wine) – Two 750ml bottles (1 for judging, 1 for display)
- Observation Hive – A caste of Bees in a Hive
- Photography – Pollinators, Beekeepers, and Photography from the Hive
- Educational Display – A focus message or Issue to teach about in apiculture.
* All categories have awards for 1st,2nd and 3rd place.
* Novice awards are for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in “Class 5”
|CLASS||1ST PLACE||2ND PLACE||3RD PLACE|
|1. WHITE||No Entries Qualified|
|2. GOLDEN||Marie Cairns||Bill Sanderson|
|3. AMBER||No Entries Qualified|
|4. NOVICE CLASS||Susan Hopkins||Jane Wines||Brenda Sanders|
|5. GRANULATED||Marie Cairns|
|6. SECTION COMB HNEY|
|7. FULL FRAME COMB||Marie Cairns|
|8. BEES WAX – BLOCK||Marie Cairns|
|10. HIVE DERIVED CREATIONSS||
Wood Treatment product
|11. APICULTURE GADGETS AND ART||No Entries|
|12. MEAD||No Entries|
|13. OBSERVATION HIVE||No Entries|
|14. PHOTOGRAPHY||Don Hill||David Mohler||Erin Prescott|
|15. EDUCATIONAL DISPLAY||Marie Cairns|
|16. Grand Aggregate||Marie Cairns|
Convener: Ian Low (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Description: This Division is supported by the Cowichan Beekeepers and meant for beekeepers and bee minded artists to enter their own products into a friendly competition with the explicit purpose of educating the public, improving beekeeper education, product quality, and celebrating beekeeper innovation.
* All Beekeepers from far and wide are encouraged to enter this Fair. 2022 Cobble Hill fair Catalogue
* REFER TO THE ENTRY FORM AND FEES ON PAGE 26-27 FOR ENTRY. https://cowichanbeekeepers.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/2022Fair-Catalogueentryform.pdf TAKE THE FORM AND THE MONEY ($1 PER CLASS ENTRY) TO THE FARMER’S INSTITUTE ON SATURDAY AUGUST 20 1- 6 PM YOUTH HALL 3565 WATSON. ENTRIES CAN BE MAILED AS WELL SO THEY ARRIVE IN TIME FOR THE FAIR entry deadline.
* The Following week: BRING IN THE ENTRIES TO THE COWICHAN BEEKEEPER’S TRAILER ON AUGUST 26TH 1-6 PM. Judging starts at 6:30pm sharp and entries must be in by 6 pm.
* The judging criteria for each of the “Classes” in this Cobble Hill Fair are using the BCHPA (British Columbia Honey Producers’ Association) judging criteria (Judges take a 1 day course and are required to have 5 years of beekeeping experience).
* Paid Novice members of the Cowichan Beekeepers are offered jars to enter their honey into the Novice Honey class (Class 4). Members please attend the August meeting at the Hub to receive your jars! ( the specified 375 ml jar with the gold lids)
Some Awards will also be offered beyond the ribbons for 1,2&3rd place. We are still working on the prises and potential donations. If you are intersted in sponsoring a medallion or prize, please contact IAN LOW email@example.com
Come Join Our Club!
Get all the latest news, helpful hints, suggestions, educational support, Zoom meetings, and so much more.
$20 for single and $32 for family.